SCHEDULE, FEE and LOCATION
The 2012 Meeting Place was held from March 16 to April 3, 2012.
Between each portfolio review session, there were break days where workshops, curatorial forums, exhibition tours, lectures, and symposia took place.
There were four 4-day sessions of portfolio reviews. A different set of reviewers was invited for each session. Artists were able to register for one or two sessions.
Session 1: March 16 - 19, 2012
Session 2: March 21 - 24, 2012
Session 3: March 26 - 29, 2012
Session 4: March 31 - April 3, 2012
Within each 4-day session, artists were guaranteed a minimum of four appointments per day with experts in the field of photography. Each one-on-one meeting with a reviewer was 20 minutes.
The fee to participate in one session of the Meeting Place was $850.
The registration fee included:
- A minimum of 16 individual portfolio reviews during a 4-day session
- Participation in FotoFest's public event, Evenings with the Artists - Open Portfolio Nights, where artists displayed work to the public and other Meeting Place participants.
- Free access to exhibitions, artist talks, lectures, and book signings
- Opportunities for informal reviews with roving reviewers
Networking with fellow artists
- Discounted Workshop registration
- An image of the artist's work included in the Artist Reference Booklet
The Meeting Place Location
The DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Downtown, was the headquarters hotel and major sponsor for the FotoFest 2012 Biennial. The hotel is located at 400 Dallas Street, Houston, TX, 77002. The Meeting Place, Fine Print Auction, Workshops, Book Signings, Evening with the Artists, and Artist/Curator Dialogues all took place there.
For registrants, FotoFest had a special room rate of $159.00 + tax at the Doubletree Hotel. A limited number of rooms were available at this rate.